Have you ever wondered how the Yoast SEO works at word press?
One of the best ways to grab the attention of the audience towards your website is Search engine optimization. As today there are over 130 million registered websites out there on the internet. Most of us relay on search engines to find what we want. These search engines have become so good, that over 90% of people using the internet on them to find things. There are lots of search engines out there but about 83% of people worldwide use Google.
- It works little differently but simply as compare to other. Some of the emerging features of Yoast SEO are:
- Post title and meta description meta box to change these on a per post basis.
- Taxonomy (tag, category & custom taxonomy) title and meta description support.
- Google search result snippet previews.
- Focus keyword testing.
- Easily noindex, or nofollow pages, taxonomies or entire archives.
- Improved canonical support, adding canonical to taxonomy archives, single posts and pages and the front page.
- RSS footer / header configuration.
- Permalink clean ups, while still allowing for Google Custom Search.
- Breadcrumbs support, with configurable breadcrumbs titles.
- XML News Sitemaps.
- Ability to verify Google Webmaster Tools, Yahoo Site Explorer, and Bing Webmaster Tools
- Basic import functionality for HeadSpace2 and All in One SEO. (You can also use the SEO Data Transporter to transfer functionality from themes like Thesis, Headway, Genesis etc).
Process to install WordPress by Yoast:
Aside from great content on your site, you need to make sure it’s properly setup and optimized for search engines. The most comprehensive plugin to handle this is WordPress SEO plugin by Yoast.
If you are moving from another Yoast SEO plugin are theme framework like genesis, thesis or headway, then you want to install SEO data transporter to move all your SEO data over before deactivating it.
After installing and activating the plugin, you will see this SEO link in the admin area. You can go to SEO dashboard to get started. Under general settings, they have the introduction tour you can follow to get the overview of the plug-in. And here you can reset to default with one click, if you need to start over with the setup.
Next you have tracking, if you want to set anonymous info then you can check this. You will provide the detail of your site in this tab and the individual or a company after it. Firstly provide the site name than the alternate name. You can also use site title as your site name.
Webmaster tool is the most popular tool used by all search engines. Under webmaster tools, this area let your add your site to your webmaster tools to some search engines.
Under security you can disable advance part of the word press SEO Meta box. Checking it keeps other authors from making redirects and no index item on your site. Just add the Meta code for each here and click save setting.